Search This Blog

Thursday 29 June 2017

Star Walk by Melissa Bowersock


I really don’t know what to say about this…that isn’t going to differ from what I've said before about this very engaging series!

This is Book 3 of the Lacey Fitzpatrick and Sam Firecloud mysteries, and by now, it’s like meeting up with old friends. The ever-growing ease of Lacey and Sam’s relationship extends towards the reader and not only do you feel comfortable in their company, they’re almost like neighbours you've known a long time. That’s how Bowersock writes: effortlessly convincingly. 

What I particularly liked in this story…apart, of course, from the couple's task of releasing the anguish from some ghosts who are making life a little difficult for the owner of a larger mansion…is that Lacey has some normal (as in not paranormal!) investigations to undertake. We finally get to meet her criminal ex boyfriend and we get to know a bit more about her life before partnering up with Sam.


Lacey and Sam’s relationship is largely professional…though her presence in his private life is increasingly relaxed. I’m starting to hope things progress…if you know what I mean.

I’m going to have to wait till Book 4, I guess, to find out if they do.

If you’ve read Books 1 and 2, you’ll be delighted with this third book and like me will be waiting eagerly for the fourth.

No comments:

Post a Comment